Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Flan with Torched Marshmallow
Recipe by Pastry Chef Miranda Salazar
Yield: 1 10-inch round
¾ cup yam purée
¾ cup pumpkin purée
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 ¾ cup half/half
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup honey
½ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use premade caramel or any homemade caramel sauce. Pour about ½ cup on bottom of pan.
- Combine all other ingredients in the mixing bowl and whisk together and strain mixture
- Pour mixture over caramel. Bake in water bath.
- Bake until set. (About 30 minutes.)
- Use spatula around inside of pan to loosen cake. Flip onto plate.
- As additional garnish, put marshmallows on top.
- Use blow torch on medium setting to toast the marshmallows.